Welcome to my new blog! This blog is about maintaining a healthy lifestyle while juggling the demands of work and family. I hope to encourage other new moms – and anyone who wants to lead a healthy lifestyle – to make good choices despite their hectic schedules.
My daughter will be 2 months old on Thursday (time flies!). So I have been consumed with taking care of her. Plus I recently returned to work, though I work from home. Even still, I have been able to carve out some time here and there to exercise. I work on an Eastern time schedule, despite living in Mountain time, so I start my workday between 5:30 and 6 am.
Here are a few of my favorite healthy foods:
– Silk Light Vanilla Soymilk http://www.silksoymilk.com/ I just recently started drinking soymilk due to my daughter’s milk allergy. I actually like it so much that even after I’m done breastfeeding I will continue to buy it. It’s great in cereal.
– Food for Life 7 Sprouted Grain bread http://www.foodforlife.com/ This bread is made without flour and is much higher in protein than regular bread (4 grams per slice!).
– Bob’s Red Mill Flaxseed Meal http://www.bobsredmill.com/home.php I mix this into my morning oatmeal. It adds a nice flavor and a good dose of Omega-3.
– Fiber One http://www.fiberone.com/ Second to oatmeal, I consider this the perfect cereal. It has half a day’s worth of fiber (14 grams) and no added sugar. It’s my go-to snack!
– Egglands Best Cage Free Eggs with Omega-3 http://www.egglandsbest.com/home.aspx
– Fruit of all kinds!
-Mary’s Gone Crackers http://www.marysgonecrackers.com/ns/intro2.php These are great! I just discovered them at the store recently. No flour and no oils – just grains!
I’ll be posting my meals each day and writing about some of my favorite foods, as well as blogging about my exercise – what I did, how long I exercised for, and when/how I squeezed it into my day. Hope you find some helpful tips in here!