Good evening, bloggies! Hope you all had a lovely day. Let me start with some giveaways:
- Janetha is hosting an Xagave giveaway! Check it out.
- Don’t miss Missy’s Silk Heart Health giveaway!
- Hop on over to Nutritious is Delicious for a tasty MixMyGranola giveaway!
- Enter to win some Amazing Grass from Nibble, Nourish, Run!
Phew! Now, onto my day…
Baby was up at the crack of dawn again today. I brought her into the bed with us for a little snuggling before we got up for the day. I came downstairs around 6:30 for a 3-course breakfast:
The hubby didn’t have to work today, which was great! I went out for a bit in the morning though. I got home around 11:45 and was ready for lunch. It was nice to be able to sit with in the dining room with hubby and baby for lunch! 🙂
Later on, I made protein shakes for 2:
- 1-1/2 cups of soymilk
- 1 medium banana
- 1 heaping tbs of cocoa powder
- 2 packets of stevia
- 4 tbs of veggie protein powder
I didn’t do a very good job pouring equally. Naturally I took the one that had the most in it. 😉
Later in the afternoon, I also snacked on an apple.
Dinner was another new product! How exciting am I these days?! 😀 I tried Gardein Chicken Style Filets.
I served these up with some steamed carrots and spinach. I cooked my spinach differently than I usually do. I sauteed the garlic in white wine and then wilted the spinach in the wine/garlic mixture. Very tasty!
The Gardein filets were not nearly as pretty as they looked on the package. They were pretty good though; nothing spectacular. My hubby remarked that all the Gardein products just taste the same to him. For the most part, I agree. But I do love the BBQ Pulled Shreds! They have a great taste to them from all the BBQ sauce.
I putted baby to bed and then stalled a bit before heading downstairs for my workout. I wasn’t feeling particularly well today and I really didn’t want to exercise. I grabbed a quick snack to power me through my workout.
Then I completed all 3 levels of Biggest Loser Power Sculpt for about the one millionth time. I must, must, MUST order my new video!
While I was doing my video tonight, I thought to myself how I’d come such a long way from my couch potato junk food eating days. I never imagined I’d be doing push ups and holding a plank position for 1 minute. That, in turn, made me think about how much I appreciate the things my body can do and the things it has done.
- I appreciate that my legs can power me through an intense ride on my Spinning bike.
- I appreciate that my body was strong enough to carry a baby for 9 months and deliver that same beautiful baby girl.
- I appreciate that my arms are strong enough to carry my baby around, lug the car seat, etc.
- I appreciate my body for how strong it has become, and for all the potential it has to become even stronger.
What do you appreciate most about your body?