Raindrops on roses, and whiskers on kittens… Oh wait – this is a food and fitness blog! 😉
Here’s a look at a few of my current favorite food and fitness items:
- Trader Joe’s Almond Butter – I could eat this straight out of the jar…and I often do!! It’s soooo yummy, and it’s loaded with healthy, monounsaturated fat. My favorite way to eat it is smeared on a super-ripe banana.
- Trader Joe’s Toasted Oat Bran – What could be better than 2 lbs of oat bran for less than $3?! Not only is this a bargain, but it tastes great, has 6 grams of fiber, and 7 grams of protein.
- Nutribiotic Vanilla Rice Protein Powder – This is one of the better tasting protein powders I’ve tried. I use it in shakes, pancakes, yogurt, and more.
- Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout – Looking for an incredible workout you can do at home? Look no further! This is an awesome HIIT (high instensity interval training) workout that really gets results. The video suggests doing the 55 minute workout 6 days a week. I do it every other day alternating with Spinning and I have seen a real improvement in my muscle tone.
- Polar Heart Rate Monitor – I use my HRM every time I Spin. It’s a great tool to gauge how hard I’m working. It helps me know when I’m not working hard enough, and makes me realize when I’m pushing myself a little too hard.
Before I had my Polar, I used to go all out every time I got on my Spinning bike. When I started using my HRM, I realized that my heart rate was consistently WAY too high! Now, I can keep an eye on my heart rate and make sure I don’t over do it.
Click here to take advantage of this great deal!
In honor of this great promotion and the winter Olympics…
What’s your favorite sport in the winter Olympics?
I’ve always loved watching the figure skating! 🙂