Hey! So, it’s been about 4 months… This Kelly Clarkson song came to mind when I was trying to think about how to re-introduce myself into the blogosphere after such a long time!
Let me start with an apology. I truly had no intention of being away from my blog for months. Life got busy – days turned to weeks, weeks to months. And let me tell you, a lot has happened in those 4 months!
Here are some of the highlights that I negelected to blog about during the last 4 months:
- I went to 3 concerts. I saw Pearl Jam twice in May and Jack Johnson in July. All great shows!
- I fell in love with running! I have always wanted to be a runner, but I was never “good at it.” I thought it was boring; I thought of it as a chore. despite the fact that I could ride a Spin bike for hours on end, I just could never get my legs to run for more than 15-20 minutes. But one day in May, I decided I’d go out for a run, since I hadn’t attempted one in a long time. I’ve been running (and running and running) ever since.
- I signed up for my first half marathon!!! Time to stop talking about and just do it! I signed up for the Boston Athletic Association Half Marathon in October. I’m in the midst of a 10-week training program now. I’m getting fast by the day. My most recent run was 6.3 miles at a 9:21 pace. Not too shabby considering I never thought I could be a runner! Not only am I training for the half, I’m raising money for cancer research in the process! I need to raise at least $500 and I’m almost half way there. See my progress here.
- I got a new job! The job that I was at when I last blogged was a big part of why I was away from my blog for so long. Work got busier and busier with fewer and fewer people… I was putting in 9+ hours in the office, then coming home and working some more. And it wasn’t even work that I really enjoyed. Now I have a job that I absolutely love! I won’t reveal exactly where I work, but I will tell you that it is a healthy food company with a national brand. Sure, I traded in a 12-mile round trip commute for a 100-mile roundtrip commute, but I am soooo much happier! And they were willing to work with me on my schedule so I’m able to leave when I need to so I can get all the way back to pick my daughter up at daycare on time.
Ok, so if you read all that, there should definitely be something in it for you right?! 🙂 Well there is! I present to you the Family Fitness Fun Challenge giveaway pack!
The giveaway pack contains the following:
- Garden of Eatin’® Popped Tortillas
- ALMOND DREAM™ non-dairy beverage
- Earth’s Best Sesame Street® Organic Snackin’ Fruit Hearts/ Rings
- MaraNatha® Organic No Stir Peanut Butter
- Health Valley® Granola Bars
- Free Earth’s Best Frozen Product Coupon
- Sports Authority® gift card ($25 value)
I still have a few products to try, so I’ll be posting reviews all week long!
Here’s how to enter:
- Visit TakeAHealthyBite.com and leave a comment here telling me which product you’re most interested in trying and what your favorite “outside the gym” fitness activity is. Don’t forget to to register for the Family Fitness Fun Challenge while you’re there! When you register, you’ll receive great coupons!
- For a second entry, tweet about my giveaway: @healthyfitmama.
- For a third entry, link back to this post in your blog and leave a comment telling me you did so!
The giveaway will end on Saturday, 8/27 at 11:59 p.m. So have at it!
Oh – and welcome back to my little blog. 😉